Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Just a quickie!

I've been working on two different kits for you, one the heritage blog train I mentioned before (which doesn't seem to be as big as I had hoped. Too many people are busy this spring, I guess.) The other is one I'm doing for the Digi Design Academy that got me started on this journey!

Sherah Kraan of Skrapper Digitals is the teacher there and she has another great lady who helps her out with the PSP users. This "lady" (don't know if she wants her name out there or not) just found out she may have breast cancer. Of course we are all worried for her but in the process of discovering her diagnosis, she has decided she wants to help out by donating to the Hope For A Cure. The students at the DigiDesign Academy have agreed to help by designing a Hope For A Cure charity collab kit. It will go live on May 27th so I'm gonna be busy this next week. More about this later.

I just wanted to pop on here and let you know where I found a GREAT and inexpensive (read cheap) tutorial on building a "light studio". Great and fancy name for a box that you put your flowers or jewelry, etc into to take photos that you can then extract. I had a terrible time figuring out where and how to take pictures without shadows. Here is a link to a tutorial on how to build one from just a box in your basement and some of that plain white tissue paper left over from your Mother's Day gift bag. Just set a bright lamp beside the box and "Voila!" The only thing you may not have laying around is white poster board but for 50 cents you can get a really great "light studio"!

Click here to go to the tutorial. Be back later with more info as I find it.

1 comment:

Yvette said...

Thank you for the link to the light box info.