Friday, May 1, 2009

A Thank You and National Scrapbooking Day!

I have to say Thank You to all my friends who left me comments on my last post. You guys are the BEST! Thanks for all the praise and encouragement you've given me. And, as I said, I will still be around.

Some of you thought someone had been "mean" and were ready to stand up and fight for me. LOL! I'm very glad to have the backup as I'm not much of a fighter. Just ask my little sister. Bwahahahahahahahaha! (Now SHE's tough!) But, No! They weren't saying anything mean to me. As a matter of fact, I went looking for the constructive criticism and it was very well meant and very well received. They very helpfully let me know where I had messed up and how to fix certain things and that's what I've started working on. Leaving it up to you, my friends, I wasn't growing because, being my friends, you all bragged on everything I tried whether it was good or not! LOL! I love ya for it but it wasn't helping me improve. So, I went to some others to get an unbiased eye and this is why I'm trying to correct the way I do things. But, you all can keep patting me on the back all you want!!! Feels good and brings a big smile to my face! As I said, you guys are the absolute BEST friends anyone could have!

Now, did you all remember that tomorrow is National Scrapbooking Day? Well, plan to spend the day on the digiscrapping sites because EVERYone is having a big celebration! I'm going for the sales but there will be prizes and challenges and games and monkeys and elephants and high wire acts.........Oh, well maybe not the high wire act but I'm sure we can find monkeys and elephants in many of the stores!

Some of the places I"ll be visiting that day:
http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11240

http://digitalscrapgarden.com/parlor/showthread.php?t=2374

Stone Accents Studio is celebrating ALL MONTH LONG because they have a new owner and are redesigning the entire forum and store! You can win a YEAR of products at the Extreme Makeover Challenge!

http://www.stoneaccentsstudioforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=146

Digi Scrap Obsession is having a 50% off sale ONE DAY ONLY on all PU and CU items:

http://digital-scrapbooking.org/shop/products_new.html

Can't miss the home of one of my favorite Fantasy kit designers, Lorie Davison:
http://www.scrapbookgraphics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5540

Well, that's just some of the places celebrating tomorrow. Be sure to stop by!

4 comments:

Being Mrs Miles said...

Hi Melanie,

Ahhh - see being an artist I can TOTALY relate to the critique thing. The ONLY way one can improve is to be open to, and invite, critique.

Sounds like NSD will be a hoot - thanks for sharing all the links!

~ Barb

Anonymous said...

I till stand my grounds.There was nothing wrong with your kits.I would not have downloaded them if they never caught my eye.

Anonymous said...

Oops I forgot to use my neame EYE ha ha

GSCreations said...

Hi Melanie, Popped over to say hi and to see how u doing, cant wait to see some more of your work - ignore my nagging, will just have to wait LOL!!! Hope your mothersday was a good one.